[sword-devel] Sword exporter (Diaspora)

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 09:42:24 +0100

Hi Chris .......

On 7 Oct 2001, at 20:40, Chris Little wrote:
> learn Borland C++ Builder, I wrote a simple Win32 app that will export any
> Sword module to ThML, GBF, or OLB format.

Two comments:
1) It took me a while to discover where it was putting the output files:
without a terminating backslash on the path, it concatenates the version
name onto the end of the path string.  Most of us aren't going to realise
that the backslash is an essential.
2) The onscreen output of books being converted freezes at a point which
varies according to the version and the output format.  At first I thought
the program had hung - especially as I wasn't finding the output files!

Other than that, it seems to run OK in all three formats.  I'm not sure how
the OLB output is meant to be used - do I need some kind of import
program separate from the OLB executable to handle it?

BTW - forget what I said about bookmarks in my earlier e-mail.  I've
sorted it.  Somehow (I've no idea how) my bookmarks files had been
marked as 'read only'.  However - when I changed them back, the
Windows executable came up with segment errors until I deleted the two
.conf files (layout.conf and options.conf).  That seems to be an old
problem that has never gone away.  Ought I to mention this to Troy - or
maybe David?

God bless you,

Barry

>From Barry Drake (The Revd - minister of Arnold United Reformed Church,