[sword-devel] Creating sword modules

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 02:52:41 -0800

Welcome back Chris. :)

> I have a question about creating Sword modules. I read the
> doco about this on sourceforge. It's not clear to me how one
> handles footnotes. Also I want to know if there is any
> special mechanism for specifying cross references.

In GBF (good for most Bibles) use <RF>....<Rf> to mark a footnote.  In
ThML (good for commentaries, but also works fine for Bibles) it's
<note>....</note>.

Cross-refs are handled with #....| in our implementation of GBF.  It's
actually supposed to be <RX. ....> for GBF, but we don't use that.  In
ThML it's <scripRef>....</scripRef>.  If you want to specify a version
to link to use <scripRef version="KJV">....</scripRef> for example.  And
if the text you're marking with the cross-ref is not the reference
itself, you can add a passage="...." parameter to the tag.

See the ThML & GBF spec pages for more info.

--Chris Little