[sword-devel] Creating sword modules

Chris sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 19:44:34 +1100

Hi all,

My name is Chris Bitmead. Quite a few years ago I submitted a few minor
patches to sword. Also a long time ago I wrote a bible access program
called bibletech that is now well and truely outdone by Sword. I just
joined the mailing list.

I have a question about creating Sword modules. I read the doco about
this on sourceforge. It's not clear to me how one handles footnotes.
Also I want to know if there is any special mechanism for specifying
cross references.

One other question. When I joined this mailing list it said

"You will find
prerelease software and access to modules that CrossWire has not yet been
granted permission to distribute publicly here.."

Does this mean that as a developer I can now access
locked modules? Anyone can download them from
the ftp site, but I'm presuming I can't read them.