[sword-devel] 1.5.2 + CD ISO

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:25:16 -0700

> It's off.  Hope we got everyone's bug fixed.

Hallelujah! I think I hear angels playing trumpets.

> I had to remove tons of locked modules to get the CD image
> built.  We need to do something about that soon.  I tried to
> keep at least one module for every language we support so as
> not to ruin our statistics :)

I hope the heretical stuff & Gill were the first to go. :) I tried
compressing a locked module (using mod2zmod with not cipherkey) and it
failed, but once we get this working everything should be a lot smaller.
I'd thought the cipher would increase randomness greatly, but the
modules still ZIP like plaintext.

> It's been a tough 2 weeks, but I feel our development branch
> is now more stable than any of our stable branches have ever been :)

I agree, at least until people start whining about bugs to
sword-support.

> I'm off to bed.  Have fun and praise God!

I'm not sure you were aware of this, but the June 13th edition of the
Onion (http://www.theonion.com/onion3722/index.html) was reporting
"Vatican Declares Hours Between 3 A.M., 5:30 A.M. 'Ungodly'".  Perhaps
you should consider becoming diurnal. :)

--Chris