[sword-devel] suggestion

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:16:46 -0700

I get it now!! :) Thanks for the insight. I was getting so confused. I hope
no one takes my postings as personal. That is one of those things I hate
about email is that you cannot see the other persons body language as we
talk. At least the emoticons are helpfull. 1.7 seemed so far away at first
but now I have a better perspective on it. Thanks again,
In Christ,
David Trotz

> We use the, fairly standard, stable/development branch versioning scheme
> where versions with even numbers are stable, versions with odd numbers
> are development.
> We're in a development branch right now (1.5).  1.5.2 is just a bump in
> the road in the way to 1.6.0.  I think a 1.5.3 is also planned, but
> might get scrapped if everything gets stabilized and we can just push
> 1.6.0 out the door.  When 1.6.0 is out, we start handling just bug
> fixes--no new functionality.  New functionality happens in the 1.7
> branch, which we could branch as soon as 1.6.0 is released.  We're
> technically also in the 1.4.0 branch right now, if we wanted to release
> bug fixes for the stable release.  1.7 is the development branch that
> will lead to either 1.8 or 2.0, depending on whether Troy wants to do
> all the API restructuring during 1.7 or wait until a 1.9.
> I think the things remaining on the todo-list before 1.6.0 is ready are
> completed STEP drivers and compression support for dictionaries, plus
> any other _small_ items that creep up.
> The reason to wait before splitting the front-ends out is that that task
> qualifies as restructuring, which is a 1.7 task.  We're trying to
> complete the 1.5 branch as quickly as possible to move on to this kind
> of stuff.
> --Chris