[sword-devel] OT ->Fw: Trolltech Makes Qt/Windows Available Under New Non-Commercial License

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 15:50:12 +0100

Hi ........

On 26 Jun 2001, at 15:19, Chris Little wrote:
> Then I thought about the license.
> I really wish someone would port Qt for Linux (which is GPL) to Win32 so
> that TrollTech can't keep playing these stupid licensing games.

I mentioned a while ago that there is already a Windows port of GTK+
(not QT based, and AFIK, GPL) available.  It is there for download as
DLL's with link stubs, or as source.  I played around with it, and got the
Glade example editor to compile OK using it.  It might be worth looking
at for portable code.

Regards,

Barry

>From Barry Drake (The Revd - minister of Arnold United Reformed Church,