[sword-devel] Python api?

David Overcash sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:45:23 -0500

I know that there are quite a few mIRC bots scripted in PERL that can
reference bible verses, so possibly we could contact one of those people to
see if they use the same type of module we do, or somthing similiar...
If so we could ask if they would be willing to join the project to help
write a PERL script, or at least tell us how they referenced the module
through PERL...

-Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org
[mailto:owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org]On Behalf Of Bryan L. Fordham
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 9:45 AM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] Python api?

Martin Gruner wrote:

> I don't think there is one yet.
> Do you think it would be useful?

Heh yeah, well, I think so. 8)

But maybe I don't need it.  Here's what I want to do: create a web
interface to sword.  For me, using modpython or a python cgi is the
quickest way to do it, so that's why I asked about a python interface.
But if y'all know of another way that's already implemented, I'm open to
suggestions.

--
Bryan L. Fordham

"There is such a fine line between genius and stupidity."
- David St. Hubbins, "Spinal Tap"