[sword-devel] Python api?

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 16:16:16 +0100

I can't remember if anyone else has done anything, but Chris Little's
diatheke command-line program and cgi script are around in the
sword source.

I tried playing with swig (www.swig.org) to make a python interface
a fair while back but it was a bit messy. I've had a quick look and
swig has improved a lot with c++ (it compiles out of the box, but
haven't tried linking or running it yet) so it shouldn't be too difficult
to make interfaces to perl, python, tcl, guile and ruby. It would be
great if that could be part of 1.5.3 or 1.5.4

Daniel

On 22 Jun 2001, at 13:15, Bryan Fordham sent forth the message: