[sword-devel] new/updated modules

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 19:53:52 -0700

I changed our two Japanese translations from the x-euc-jp encoding to
UTF-8 and compressed the result.

I just finished up a UTF-8 BHS that is public domain (from CATSS) with
vowel points and cantillation marks.  Turn Footnotes on to view the
qere.  I won't say the BHS is perfect, but I feel comfortable replacing
the old one because it was locked anyway.  It uses many combining
characters, but MS's renderers seem capable of only rendering one
combining character per non-combining character, so additional combining
characters get placed to the left.  The stream is in logical order (left
to right) but BibleCS, at least, automatically realizes that Hebrew
characters should be formatted right to left.