[sword-devel] new WIN32 binary

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:25:40 -0700

> I have tested it on two Machines one is Windows NT w/service Pack 6
and
> the
> other has Windows 95 OSR/2. I haven't been able to reproduce this
myself.
> Is
> it within a certain module? Do all the views no give you a right click
> menu
> or only the Bible view? Troy mentioned something about IE 4 installing
the
> needed components, are you using an older release of IE? Maybe it is
new
> enough to support the view but not new enough to include right click
> support. A long shot I know but it is really strange you can't get a
> context
> menu.

Both machines I tested on are running Windows 2000 SP2.  One has IE5.5,
the other has IE6b1.

> > Morph should print morphology tags for each Greek word.  The "en"
that
> > starts Gen 1:1 should be followed by (PREP) indicating that it is a
> > preposition.
>
> Gotcha, but don't you mean hebrew in that example? :) I was wondering
what
> this morph thing was. I thought it was some type of converter from
Unicode
> to ASCII or something. Thanks for the info.

No, the Septuagint is in Greek and the morphological analysis should be
on the Greek words not the Hebrew from which they were translated.  You
mentioned that you were seeing Hebrew & Greek properly in your last
message...  Are you actually seeing Hebrew somewhere in either the LXXM
or ChiGU-UTF8 modules or were you just talking about BHS?  If Hebrew is
showing up, we have another bug.

--Chris