[sword-devel] Discussion ideas

nic sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:03:27 +1000 (EST)

> Well. Sorry I have to disagree here partly.
> I opened up an ad at sourceforge stating we are looking for new developers,
> and they came.
> These are people who are able to program. They are happy that something like
> sword exists and want to contribute to it, sortof giving their gifts and
> talents
> back to God who gave them.
> They have no special interest in what has to be changed in sword. They just
> want
> to help. That's why there should be people who have the overview and
> authority
> to propose single tasks to them.

hehe...  I have to partly disagree with you disagreeing...  ;)

Yes, Hi everyone, I'm one of those ppl who jumped when I saw the ad, and
Yes, I want to help out simply to improve SWORD...  I come into the
project with no preconceived ideas of what should be improved in it, but
if ppl have ideas and let me know, I am happy to code them...  :)
The problem is that I think that means there needs to be some
organisation, with something like a big TODO list, and then ppl (like me)
can look thru it, see which ones ppl have put their name to, and perhaps
put their name to one they wish to tackle.
I have used sword in the past, and continue to use it in the form of
gnomesword, but I'm not currently full of ideas of what to add to it (I've
only ever used gnomesword and bibletime as Bible resource programs, and so
can't really compare them to the expensive commercial ones), but show me
the light (!) and I'll code it...  ;)

my 2 cents worth...  :)

ybic
	nic...  :)

ps: yay sourceforge!  it seems to have basically all you need to implement
what I said --> when feature requests or bugs are submitted, one of the
project admins assigns it to someone, and they go do it...  also have a
task manager for admins to place further tasks...  :)

pps: If I'm out of line here, please let me know, and I'll go back to
hiding in the corner...  :)

--

"Morality may keep you out of jail, but it takes
 the blood of Christ to keep you out of Hell."

 Interested in finding out more about God, Jesus,
     Christianity and "the meaning of life"?
      Visit http://www.christianity.net.au