[sword-devel] New Win32 Build Available

Stephen Denne sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 21:37:57 +1200

> > Text modules alphabetically after a module in which a font is specified
> use
> > that font instead of the font specified in preferences. So if AKJV, BHS,
> and
> > BWE are installed, AKJV uses preferences font, BHS uses Code2000 (from
> Font=
> > in .conf) and then BWE uses Code2000
> I know the cause of this. It was something Troy and I have discussed. I
> believe he said the font tag was being removed from the conf file since we
> are now using an encoding tag instead. In the previous release I
> had removed
> the section of code that checked for this font tag. I put it back
> in the new
> build to see if that would fix some of the problems listed here. I think I
> am going to remove it again since it made matters worse. If we decide to
> keep the font tag, I will need to fix this which shouldn't be a
> problem. For
> now you can remove that font tag from the first bible module and it should
> work fine.
> BTW it appears the most current AKJV module has done this. You may want to
> update your module. Thanks for your input :)

It wasn't the first module, it was any module, and the problem wasn't in the
module with the font setting, it was in modules after that module. I fixed
(patched) the problem by renaming the modules to start with z, so that there
are not any other modules after them. zBHS, zPeshitta, and zTamil The others
work ok without the font= setting. BHS works ok without font= setting, but
changes which font it is using for hebrew. (so does RNKJV - compare how
Genesis 2:5 looks when Genesis 2:5 is selected to when Genesis 2:6 is
selected.) Peshitta and Tamil show only boxes if I remove the font= setting.

Stephen Denne.