[sword-devel] apocrypha

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 17:21:30 +0100

Hi ........

On 7 Jul 2001, at 20:00, Chris Little wrote:
> Book ordering was covered in my last comment.  I definitely think we should
> do that.
> Chapters per book and verses per chapter would both be handled when we go
> back to using cps & bks files, as we're planning (at least for modules that
> vary from the KJV).  We might be wise to do 3 or 4 "standard" versifications
> that occur repeatedly.

Just back from two weeks hard study in Poland, I'm delighted that this
issue is back under discussion.  I agree wholeheartedly with Chris - in
that we must respect the original translator's method, versification and
books.  In Poland, I was with a wide variety of folk, Protestant, of various
kinds, Catholic, and Jewish.  All agreed that we need to have the deutero-
canonical books available.  (This was even the opinion of a Southern
Baptist from Texas - although he would feel more comfortable if he could
turn the deutero-canon on or off at will).

I look forward to re-doing the New Jerusalem as soon as we have a
method - I have all the missing bits at the ready.

Bless you all,

Barry

>From Barry Drake (The Revd - minister of Arnold United Reformed Church,
Nottingham - see http://www.arnold-urc.supanet.com for our church homepages).