[sword-devel] BibleCS name?

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 23:23:27 -0700

> I also do not think we would run into trademark
> problems with Nelson because we would use one word
> "OpenBible" and this is software and theirs is a print
> reference Bible. there should not be any confusion.

It's also an electronic Book using Logos:
http://www.logos.com/ebooks/book.asp?iname=openbibl.

I wrote to Thomas Nelson briefly explaining the question and asking
whether they had any problems with us using this name.  I hope it will
get through and that we will get an answer soon.

> The only thing about using OpenBible for the Windows
> front-end is that the Open source movement is more closely
> associated with Linux than Windows.

I sort of like this fact.  It's a bit subversive. :)

> Berean
> Berean Sword

These are pretty catchy.  (The only registered mark is a service mark
for the store chain, so no worries there.)  I'm not sure how many people
would know who a Berean was, but that's okay.

> CyBerean
> Berean Wind(ows)

A little too kitschy, especially the first one.

Maybe Troy should get a little say in all this, thought. :)

--Chris