[sword-devel] BibleCS name?

Don A. Elbourne Jr. sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 23:01:32 -0500

I really like OpenBible too. I have a feeling Paul Gear would not mind. I
also do not think we would run into trademark problems with Nelson because
we would use one word "OpenBible" and this is software and theirs is a print
reference Bible. there should not be any confusion.

The only thing about using OpenBible for the Windows front-end is that the
Open source movement is more closely associated with Linux than Windows. I
don't know how to express the feelings in words, but it just doesn't feel
quite right. Am I making sense, or should I go ahead and go to bed? :-)

WinSword is a good choice too.

My wife walked through the room and saw David's list. With names like
TrueMetal, Keen, Squire, Blade, Razor, Rapier, Edge, and Scabbard, she
thought they were possible names for a Heavy Metal Rock band. :-)

Here is a totally different direction, but how about Berean? Acts 17:10-11
The guys from Berea were the ones who "searched" the scriptures daily.

or:

Berean
Berean Sword
CyBerean