[bt-devel] Re: [sword-devel] Naming Conventions and other stuff to know

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:22:07 -0700

>     Jerry makes a good point, however all that needs to be done is change
> those names in the BibleCS program before we launch the website and maybe
> have a glossary so that old users will have a clue. I know that David
Trotz
> has even said that he has a contact that will do a new splash screen for
> BibleCS once we have a name glued down. So once we agree on the naming
> conventions then we just need to change the things that have the 'wrong'
> name.

I would love to have any other name for the BibleCS project other than "The
Sword Project" I think it is misleading (and confusing) as to what "The
Sword Project" really is. Changing the names of the icons and splash
screens, etc. seems reasonable but Troy should OK that. So maybe we should
get serious about finding a suitable name for the BibleCS project. As for me
I vote BibleCS for reasons I have already explained. Anyone else? Troy?
Martin suggested WinSword anyone vote for that?

In Christ,
David Trotz