[sword-devel] Sword Newbie

David Twyerould sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 15:38:56 +1100

Hi! I've just joined the Sword developer forum and I'm interested in
helping out with a Java version of Sword. I have a few questions that
perhaps someone could help me with.

(1). what is the functionality that sword is trying to provide? Is there
are requirements document or a list of desired functions somewhere?
(2). what is the architecture/design that is being followed? Is there a
spec or a description of the current implementation? Is there any
documentation on the file formats?

I'm keen to help out with the Java version of Sword, I am an experienced
Java developer (last 4 years in enterprise and web development). Is anyone
heading up this development? Troy put me on to the CVS server where there
is the beginnings of a port of the C++ code to Java - but it looks like
there is a lot to be done..?

By the way, is there an online archive somewhere of this forum so I don't
have to ask silly questions that have already been answered?

Regards,
David Twyerould
e-Business Solutions Development (South.),    IBM Global Services (CS13).
Australia
Ph: +61-3-96270345                 Mobile: +61-0412-265186
Notes: David Twyerould/Australia/IBM          Internet: dtwy@au1.ibm.com
"...and the truth shall set you free." (John 8:32)