[sword-devel] diatheke was su

Don A. Elbourne Jr. sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 10:52:05 -0600

OK. Thanks.

Actually, I don't know if I need to do su, because I am just wanting to run
Diatheke on my server. If I'm understanding how things work, I don't even
need to run "make install" after I have already run "make." Is this correct?
After running make I have the libsword.* files.

I then wen on to compile diatheke. I ran make and it seemed to work fine. I
moved diatheke, libsword.so, and libsword.a to my /cgi-bin/. But when I try
to run diatheke, I get:

./diatheke: error in loading shared libraries: libsword.so: cannot open

In my limited knowledge of things, I'm assuming that libsword.so is looking
for a "shared object file" and that it or diatheke can not find it. What is
it, whet is it and is there a config file somewhere that I can change to let
diatheke know where to look?

If it would help, I could log the make process for Sword and diatheke to a
text file, maybe that will help someone help me figure out what I need to do
next.

In Christ,

Don A. Elbourne Jr.
http://elbourne.org