[sword-devel] Should we support evolutionary propaganda?

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 22:12:07 EST

--part1_e5.1124effc.2956a587_boundary

In a message dated 12/22/2001 9:07:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
leon@brooks.fdns.net writes:

> I also have a moral ``opportunity'' with requiring users of a Bible program
> to own software written and controlled by a selfish, cheating, predatory
> and
> monopolistic corporation whose directors and the like pump many millions
> into
> evolutionary propaganda (http://www.current.org/prog/prog0111evol.html
> http://www.seti.org/general/press_release/space_dot_com.html (search ``new
> telescope'') http://www.arn.org/docs/pbsevolution/pbsgilder072601.htm).

There is no inbetween space.  In other words, you are either of Christ or you
are not.  What Christian organization develops an operating system?  Probably
none, therefore, all software companies that develop operating systems can
still be considered anti-Christian and are no better than Microsoft.  (Even
though some versions of Linux are open source, are these versions maintained
by Christian organizations?)

Do you pay taxes?  The Bible tells us to pay our taxes.  Should we stop
because some of our money goes to anti-Christian causes?  What kind of
clothes do you ware?  Is slave labor a factor in the manufacturing of your
apparel?  The company that brings electricity into your home, are they a
Christian company?  If not, please call them and tell them that you will not
support a company that is against Jesus Christ.  And then buy a generator,
but make sure that the people who make the generator are Christians.

We have to be wise and we have to be balanced in our thinking.  If people are
using Microsoft's operating system then we should build software for that
operating system.  In this way we present the gospel and spread God's word.

--part1_e5.1124effc.2956a587_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 12/22/2001 9:07:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, leon@brooks.fdns.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I also have a moral ``opportunity'' with requiring users of a Bible program <BR>
to own software written and controlled by a selfish, cheating, predatory and <BR>
monopolistic corporation whose directors and the like pump many millions into <BR>
evolutionary propaganda (http://www.current.org/prog/prog0111evol.html <BR>
http://www.seti.org/general/press_release/space_dot_com.html (search ``new <BR>
telescope'') http://www.arn.org/docs/pbsevolution/pbsgilder072601.htm).<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
There is no inbetween space.&nbsp; In other words, you are either of Christ or you are not.&nbsp; What Christian organization develops an operating system?&nbsp; Probably none, therefore, all software companies that develop operating systems can still be considered anti-Christian and are no better than Microsoft.&nbsp; (Even though some versions of Linux are open source, are these versions maintained by Christian organizations?)<BR>
<BR>
Do you pay taxes?&nbsp; The Bible tells us to pay our taxes.&nbsp; Should we stop because some of our money goes to anti-Christian causes?&nbsp; What kind of clothes do you ware?&nbsp; Is slave labor a factor in the manufacturing of your apparel?&nbsp; The company that brings electricity into your home, are they a Christian company?&nbsp; If not, please call them and tell them that you will not support a company that is against Jesus Christ.&nbsp; And then buy a generator, but make sure that the people who make the generator are Christians.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
We have to be wise and we have to be balanced in our thinking.&nbsp; If people are using Microsoft's operating system then we should build software for that operating system.&nbsp; In this way we present the gospel and spread God's word.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT></HTML>

--part1_e5.1124effc.2956a587_boundary--