[sword-devel] Should we support evolutionary propaganda?

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 21:43:53 EST

--part1_66.195770ba.29569ee9_boundary

In a message dated 12/22/2001 9:07:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
leon@brooks.fdns.net writes:

> In fact, given that the sole target of such spending is creation, we should
> as Christians (or, for that matter, as followers of Judaism or Islam) be
> doing EVERYTHING WE CAN to wean people AWAY from Microsoft products,
> diluting
> the funds available for underming the foundations of our own beliefs.

Because of the popularity of Microsoft's operating system, this will probably
not happen any time soon.  And if we decide not to create Christian based
software for any of Microsoft's platforms then we will be missing a huge
target audience.

If we decided to avoid any organization that taught things contrary to the
word of God, what could we eat, wear, watch, or drive?  Please remember that
science and technology come from God.  Even though many scientist, engineers,
etc do not acknowledge God, their talents and drives still come from Him.

Until Jesus returns we are to remain in the world but not be of it.  So
instead of shunning Microsoft we should use their operating system to win
many to Christ by creating fantastic software that teaches the gospel.

If the program was written in Java then it would be platform independent.  So
I am now learning Java.

--part1_66.195770ba.29569ee9_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 12/22/2001 9:07:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, leon@brooks.fdns.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">In fact, given that the sole target of such spending is creation, we should <BR>
as Christians (or, for that matter, as followers of Judaism or Islam) be <BR>
doing EVERYTHING WE CAN to wean people AWAY from Microsoft products, diluting <BR>
the funds available for underming the foundations of our own beliefs.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Because of the popularity of Microsoft's operating system, this will probably not happen any time soon.&nbsp; And if we decide not to create Christian based software for any of Microsoft's platforms then we will be missing a huge target audience.<BR>
<BR>
If we decided to avoid any organization that taught things contrary to the word of God, what could we eat, wear, watch, or drive?&nbsp; Please remember that science and technology come from God.&nbsp; Even though many scientist, engineers, etc do not acknowledge God, their talents and drives still come from Him.<BR>
<BR>
Until Jesus returns we are to remain in the world but not be of it.&nbsp; So instead of shunning Microsoft we should use their operating system to win many to Christ by creating fantastic software that teaches the gospel.<BR>
<BR>
If the program was written in Java then it would be platform independent.&nbsp; So I am now learning Java.&nbsp; </FONT></HTML>

--part1_66.195770ba.29569ee9_boundary--