[sword-devel] GNU and OS ideologies and indulgences

Leon Brooks sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 18:38:57 +0800

On Saturday 15 December 2001 01:25, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
>> But in these last times (c), bibles can be mass-produced by anybody
>> digitally, and the issue of licence is suddenly seems important. We need
>> a GNU translation!

> I agree. :-) Just so long as it doesn't operate on too many GNU tools,
> then RMS would want us to call it GNU/Bible. ;-)

That would take a substantial miracle. RMS is a heavily committed
evolutionist and unlike many of his fellow travellers is willing to follow
that to its logical conclusions. The best response I would expect from him
would be disinterested neutrality. RMS has abruptly ceased conversing with me
and with a number of other individuals at various times at the point of
discovering that the conversee was a serious Christian, and more particularly
a creationist.

Cheers; Leon