[sword-devel] New & updated modules

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 02:33:48 -0800

> > Hitchcocks
>
> This still has a problem in Windows version: scrolling
> through the list of words stops at CHELAL, SHAPHAM, and
> SHILIOH (It use to jump around from J words to I words)
>
> Is the order of entries in the file (not only the index)
> important? eg. CHELLUH, SHEAR-JASHUB, TEL-MELAH, SCHAAPH, -
> these words work fine though.

This completely baffles me.  Troy says the write interface does
alphabetization for me.  I remade it, doing my own alphabetizing, and
now it seems to work.

> > Murdock    (adds Philemon, which was missing)
>
> Looks fine. I did spot a new problem, but it appears in other
> modules too - clicking the up arrow to go to the next chapter
> when III John 1 is the current chapter sometimes decides to
> try and show III John 2, then Revelations (both icu and
> non-icu sword for windows versions)

Strange.  Not a module bug, but we'll add it to the list.

> > TSK        (no longer ugly & useless)
>
> Beautiful, but...
> I don't get the correct verse list in the popup for a lot of the verse
> lists:

I guess the parser didn't like my commas, so they're replaced with
semi-colons.

> Deuteronomy 1:1 shows tiny rtf codes (in -icu version, works
> fine in non-icu
> version)

Also fixed.  I hadn't closed a number of scripRefs.

> The offset required the further down the entry the mouse is
> clicked is also more apparent when the commentary text is
> basically a list of verse lists.

This should go away when we move to HTML rendering.

> > Abbott     (a nice little NT commentary that I haven't seen
> in any other
> > software)
>
> This has some rather ambitious verse references
>
> Romans 8:1
> On the supposition that the #last part of the last chapter|
> describes the hopeless ...
>
> I Thessalonians 3:1
> To be left at Athens. It would seem from #this and the
> following verses|, that Timothy ...
>
> Anyone keen on writing the code to translate that? I do
> appreciate that someone has taken the trouble to identify
> which bits of the text are scripture references; Did whoever
> did that also include verse references in a mode more suited
> to getting a computer to look them up?

The scripRef tags actually have the verses referred to, but BibleCS
doesn't do anything with scripRefs except convert them to #/| pairs.
Again... HTML rendering should solve this. :)  I'd bet that GnomeSword &
BibleTime handle them fine.

> > CBC        (the Condensed Biblical Cyclopedia)
>
> This has a blank entry for A

Fixed.

> Can verse references be merged? eg
> ENCAMPMENT AT SINAI
> ...(#Genesis 12:1-4|; #Genesis 21:5|; #Genesis 25:26|;
> #Genesis 41:46,53,54|; #Genesis 45:4-6|; #Genesis 47:9|;
> #Genesis 50:26|; #Exodus 7:7|; #Exodus 12:40,41|; #Galatians 3:17|)...

We could, but the actual tags are sort of complex for these, and
wouldn't be that simple to merge.  And I can argue that the source text
had them in this format, so we should preserve that.  Given some more
time, and I can probably come up with more excuses.

> "ON TO CANAAN", "PRIESTHOOD, THE", "TABERNACLE, THE" needs
> some line breaks, or something to clear up the diagram...
> actually I see the source has <pre> tags, so I guess it is
> waiting for an html viewer?

You anticipate my answer. :)  HTML rendering should solve this.

> Thanks for your hard work Chris,

Thank YOU for catching my mistakes. :)

--Chris