[sword-devel] Mac OS X/Darwin port

nic sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:41:11 +1100

Hi again...  sorry to drag this out again, but I have a stab whenever I
have time, and, well...  not a lot of time around here recently, but
this week's been different...  :)

I've taken a big look into fink (fink.sf.net) at sourceforge, and it's
rather neat...  they have all the stuff ported that I believe we
need...  altho the gnome-print and gal packages they have are classified
as "unstable"...  beeeerk, who cares...  nothing is ever "stable" as far
as I'm concerned...  so am now in the position where I can do a
./configure for gnomesword and it doesn't complain...  compiling is a
different matter...  complains in:

gs_setup.c:1308: bad macro argument list
cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in
basic mode
make[2]: *** [gs_setup.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

and then it stops, of course...  is there more info I should post?
using OS X 10.1.1, and gal 0.18.1 and gnome-print 0.32 if that helps?
am not quite thinking properly atm (sleepy) so shall fix that before
trying to fix other stuff...  :)  it is nice being able to use gnumeric
on this machine, tho...  :)

ybic
	nic...  :)

On Sunday, October 28, 2001, at 11:43 AM, Chris Little wrote:

> If you could get GNOME running on Mac OS X, you would forever have my
> respect & admiration.  I know the GNU-Darwin folks have parts of GTK+ &
> GNOME ported, but I don't think it's enough to run GnomeSword yet.  I
> don't see forcing users to install GNU-Darwin as a viable alternative to
> a native Mac OS X front-end though.  Plus I'd like to get Sword running
> on Mac Classic (which rules this & Qt out, but not wxWindows).  As an
> aside... isn't it pathetic that TrollTech, a commercial developer,
> couldn't get Qt ported to Mac Classic, but wxWindows, a free software
> competitor, already has?
>
> --Chris

"Morality may keep you out of jail, but it takes
  the blood of Christ to keep you out of Hell."
	-- Charles Spurgeon

  Interested in finding out more about God, Jesus,
      Christianity and "the meaning of life"?
       Visit http://www.christianity.net.au