[sword-devel] New BibleCS binary

Stephen Denne sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 17:47:10 +1300

> SWMgr. Can't find 'mods.conf' or 'mods.d' Try stetting
> SWORD_PATH=<directory containing mods.conf> Or see the README file for a
> full description of setup options (<configPath is null>)
>
> I don't seem to have that README file. I first ran the program as
> sword_icu.exe. When that didn't work I renamed it an ran it as sword.exe.
> In both tests the first run loaded and closed fine, it was after closing
> the program and then clicking on your test links that the error came up.
>
> Jerry

Likewise.

I investigated a bit ... I changed the registry entries

My Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\libronixdls\shell\open\command

and

My Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sword\shell\open\command

to call a .bat file that contains two lines:

cd /D D:\CrossWire\The SWORD Project\
start sword-icu.exe %1

and that works (you may need quotes around the filename in the registry
entry), but it only works once, as sword overwrites the registry back to
what it was. (It doesn't overwrite the libronixdls one though, that keeps
working if changed as above.)

Stephen.