[sword-devel] Use case -- rationale

Mike Sangrey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:01:25 -0400

It would be nice to be able to link a `rationale' to a given piece
of mark up.

For example, (and I'm typing this off the top of my head with not
too much thought, so take this as a <quirk alert> <smile>):

<paragroup>

<para variant=1 rationale=<some hyperlink>>
 <sentence>
  Lot's of stuff
 <sentence>
</para>
<para>
 <sentence>
  And even more stuff.
 </sentence>
</para>

<para variant=2 rationale=<some other hyperlink>>
 <sentence>
  Lot's of stuff.
 </sentence>
 <sentence>
  And even more stuff.
 </sentence>
</para>

</paragroup>

This could be applied to sections and subsections, as well as whole
discourses.  Also, I can see this used in textual critical ways, too.
--
Mike Sangrey
msangrey@BlueFeltHat.org