[sword-devel] Unicode, Unicode, Unicode

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 13:51:39 -0700

> OK, I've tried installing Internet Explorer 5.5 sp2 and I
> still can't display unicode on my system...
>
> What can I do?

I don't know.

> Is my use of Sword now finished?

Definitely not.

My first thought is that your problem is probably a lack of font
support.  I would suggest grabbing one of the Unicode fonts like
Bitstream Cyberbit, Code 2000, or Arial Unicode MS--depending on your
tastes--that contains Greek & Hebrew.  Then try setting the "font=" tag
in the .conf file for one of the modules that isn't working to that font
and let us know how that works.

If that fails, we'll still be able to degrade Unicode to Symbol, another
encoding, or Latin transliteration once we integrate some of ICU into
the library.  It will still be a while before any of that is complete,
however.

> IE 5 5.50.4807.2300 (against my wishes and better thoughts...)

Welcome to the 21st century. :)

--Chris