[sword-devel] Barnes & Thayer Errors, Unicode <sigh>

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 09:43:38 -0700

> I was looking up information on Genesis 7:1.  Following is
> the text in the
> Barnes window:
>
> 	{\rtf1\ansi{\fonttbl{\f0\fdecor\fprq2
>
> It changes my window size to make me have to scroll down
> quite a bit to get
> back to the dictionaries.
>
> Selecting Thayer with Number 8804 yielded :
>
> 	Access violation at address 00523D0 in module
> 'SWORD.EXE'. Write of
> address 02115EB4.

I'm unable to reproduce any of this using 1.5.2.32 or .33.  Can anyone
else?  Perhaps someone with Win98?

For me, Barnes Gen 7:1 is blank (which is correct) and behaves normally.
Looking up 8804 in Thayer takes me to the final entry (05944).

> Finally, is there any progress on getting unicode to work
> universally?  I
> have upgraded some of my modules to find out that I can no
> longer use them
> because they were converted to unicode or they are severly
> hampered because
> some of the text is unicode and some is not.

I don't know of anything more we can do with Sword to make it work on
your machine.  The only thing I can think to suggest would be upgrading
IE 4.0 to 5.5.  It shouldn't increase the overhead of your machine very
much, if at all.  Has anyone else got a machine with IE4 who could test
to see if Sword has problems with it?

--Chris