[sword-devel] PR

Jesse Jacobsen sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 18:01:29 -0500

On 08/06/01, Chris Little wrote:
> Another idea... Does anyone else think we should add discussion forums
> to the new website?  They would alleviate a lot of the traffic on the
> support list and would allow us to quit repeatedly answering the same
> questions by allowing users to read previous responses.

As a repeat-questioner, I'd be satisfied with searchable and browsable
archives of this list, but discussion forums can accomplish much the
same thing.  Or how about just a list FAQ recording the answers to
those questions? (like: Where was that new website? :-)

> My suggestion for forum software is phpBB (www.phpbb.org) but I
> haven't investigated the options that thorougly.

I've witnessed a web forum being set up very quickly using Zope
(www.zope.org) and squishdot (www.squishdot.org).  I hear Zope is
first rate software.  Free, too.

By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that
the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

1024D/2E3EBF13 Jesse Jacobsen (Grace, Madison WI) <jmjaco@home.com>