[sword-devel] PR

Jesse Jacobsen sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 18:01:29 -0500

On 08/06/01, Chris Little wrote:
> Another idea... Does anyone else think we should add discussion forums
> to the new website?  They would alleviate a lot of the traffic on the
> support list and would allow us to quit repeatedly answering the same
> questions by allowing users to read previous responses.

As a repeat-questioner, I'd be satisfied with searchable and browsable
archives of this list, but discussion forums can accomplish much the
same thing.  Or how about just a list FAQ recording the answers to
those questions? (like: Where was that new website? :-)

> My suggestion for forum software is phpBB (www.phpbb.org) but I
> haven't investigated the options that thorougly.

I've witnessed a web forum being set up very quickly using Zope
(www.zope.org) and squishdot (www.squishdot.org).  I hear Zope is
first rate software.  Free, too.

Jesse

--
By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that
the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

1024D/2E3EBF13 Jesse Jacobsen (Grace, Madison WI) <jmjaco@home.com>