[sword-devel] Lexicons and Dictionaries

Geoffrey W Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 16:39:06 -0700

Win ME
Sword 1.5.2

As I have said before, I am not a programmer.
That said I would like to know if there is a way that I could clean up
the text in Naves, ISBE etc..
As it is now, they have no formatting. There are no line separations or
paragraphs as you can see from the example below from ISBE.
I would be glad to do this if  someone would tell me how.
As it is these are not very user friendly or nearly as helpful as they
could be.

GOD, 1god ('Elohim, 'El, [`Elyon], Shadday, Yahweh; Theos): I.
INTRODUCTION TO THE GENERAL IDEA 1. The Idea in Experience and in Thought
2. Definition of the Idea 3. The Knowledge of God 4. Ethnic Ideas of God
(1) Animism (2) Fetishism (3) Idolatry (4) Polytheism (5) Henotheism (6)
Pantheism (7) Deism (8) Semitic Monolatry (9) Monotheism II. THE IDEA OF
GOD IN THE OLD TESTAMENT 1. The Course of Its Development 2. Forms of Its
Manifestation (1) The Face or Countenance of God (2) The Voice and Word
of God (3) The Glory of God (4) The Angel of God (5) The Spirit of God
(6) The Name of God (7) Occasional Forms 3. The Names of God (1) Generic
(2) Attributive (3) Yahweh 4. Pre-prophetic Conceptions of God (1) Yahweh
Alone Is the God of Israel (a) His Early Worship (b) Popular Religion (c)
Polytheistic Tendencies (i) Coordination (ii) Assimilation (iii)
Disintegration (d) No Hebrew Goddesses (e) Human Sacrifices (2) Nature
and Character of Yahweh (a) A God of War (b) His Relation to Nature (3)
Most
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.