[sword-devel] new/updated modules

Stephen Denne sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 23:19:40 +1200

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Chris Little wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Stephen Denne wrote:
> > > IGNT - Interlinear Greek New Testament (Barry, I changed this to use Symbol
> > > instead of OLBGRK)
> > The footnotes are shown in the same font as the text - i.e. Symbol.
> > Should the .conf file definition have an entry for the font to use for footnotes (and the software written to use that font)? If
not
> > specified, the software could use the same font as for the text.
>
> You're right about this, the font=Symbol line shouldn't be there.  It is
> fixed on crosswire now.

I'm not so sure Chris, I think that Symbol is the correct font for the bible text, it's not transliterated. I should take a look at
the source for the windows frontend (quick name suggestion: "White Stone" Rev 2:17), to see if it can show footnotes in a different
font from the text, or to find out how easy it would be to add.

> > Two spaces are placed in-between words. Is  the  source  text  like  this?
>
> I can take care of this by removing the second space in each Greek word
> block.

I was curious whether the text the module was made from had the double spaces, or whether it was due to showing (or not) the
footnotes, but the NIV with footnotes doesn't have a double spacing issue, and the module is of the same type, so I'm guessing that
is not the problem... and my other thought was maybe the double spaces are being added in when the module is being created, merging
the footnotes (through some process whose nature I'm taking a wild guess about). If the double spaces are in the source, I'd leave
them there. If they are being inserted during the creation of the module, I'd try and get the result to display similar to the NIV.

On this topic of footnotes, they seem to be permanently turned on for ASV and WEB.

Stephen.