[sword-devel] C++ question

Joachim Ansorg sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 21:53:04 +0000

Hi all (especially Troy ;)

I have a problem with C++ and Sword.
In BibleTime we redesigned the backend and are implementing it now.

We want to derive our classes directly from SWModule, but IMHO this is not
possible. But perhaps I think this because I don't know C++ very well.

We want to have a class called CSwordBibleModuleInfo, which should derive
from SWText.
If I want to do this I would have to reimplement SWMgr::Load() so that
CSwordBibleModuleInfo objects are created.
But Sword creates the modules in this way:

	SWModule* module = new RawText(...);

I don't know how to change this without creating dozens of new classes like
CSwordRawTextModuleInfo.
We have the classes to divide the classes into three types (Bibles,
commentaries and Lexicons), so we don't want to add classes like
CSwordRawTextModuleInfo.

Troy, do you know a solution how to solve this problem?

Thank you very much!
--Joachim