[sword-devel] locked modules

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:23:10 -0800

This has been brought up before, but not in fairly long while.  I'm
beginning to side with those people who think the locked modules should not
be on the webpage for download along with all the other (free) modules.  I
understand both the side of those who want to take them down because we may
not have the legal right to post them (even locked) and they just cause
confusion of our users.  I also understand the other side that reasons that
having the modules posted allows people to see some of the work yet to be
done in writing to publishers for permission.  I would suggest that, maybe
when we finalize a new site design, we segregate locked modules from free
modules entirely.  We could keep them listed on a separate page to show
users what they could get to use, if they wanted to do a little letter
writing.  Locked module issues continue to be a source of confusion for
users, judging by their feedback & questions.

How are the new site designs going, BTW?

--Chris