[sword-devel] Automated Shell Script

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 04:17:57 EST

--part1_4f.38bf4d5.27450045_boundary

Hey Everyone,

       I have a question for the Linux guys on this list. I am trying to find
a way to easily change the same string of text in a number of different
files. This is for the Sword Copyright Website, I have about 7 or so HTML
files in a directory on my computer that runs Linux, I would like to be able
to execute a shell script or whatever works so I can change a string of text
in each file. Just for an example so you really know what I mean:

I want to change 'the sun is green' which is a string of text in all 8 files,
to 'the sun is yellow'. How do I do this easily and automated?

Thanks for your time and keep the feedback about the site coming!

-Jonathan
BJW7TOAEM@aol.com

--part1_4f.38bf4d5.27450045_boundary

<HTML><FONT  COLOR="#004080" SIZE=3><B>Hey Everyone,
<BR>
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I have a question for the Linux guys on this list. I am trying to find <BR>a way to easily change the same string of text in a number of different <BR>files. This is for the Sword Copyright Website, I have about 7 or so HTML <BR>files in a directory on my computer that runs Linux, I would like to be able <BR>to execute a shell script or whatever works so I can change a string of text <BR>in each file. Just for an example so you really know what I mean:
<BR>
<BR>I want to change 'the sun is green' which is a string of text in all 8 files, <BR>to 'the sun is yellow'. How do I do this easily and automated?
<BR>
<BR>Thanks for your time and keep the feedback about the site coming!
<BR>
<BR>-Jonathan
<BR>BJW7TOAEM@aol.com</B></FONT></HTML>

--part1_4f.38bf4d5.27450045_boundary--