[sword-devel] 1.5.1a

Kyle McConnell sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 00:22:15 -0600


I have been using Sword 1.4.7 for a few months with no problem.  I recently 
upgraded to 1.5.1a, and had no problems for the first few days; everything 
seemed to work fine, including the greek texts which started displaying 
with this release.  Every now and then, though, it displays one or several 
modules as if they're encrypted. First it was the NAU, so I uninstalled it, 
reinstalled it, then it was fine, but then the NIV was corrupted. restarted 
sword, everything was fine for a few hours. Then I started sword up today, 
and lo and behold, the new testament module of the NRSV is scrambled. 
Following is a portion of what appeared:

{\rtf1\ansi{\fonttbl{\f0\fdecor\fprq2 Times New 
Roman;}{\f1\froman\fcharset0\fprq2 Times New 
Roman;}{\f7\froman\fcharset2\fprq2 Symbol;}

I closed and restarted Sword twice after that. First time the NT of the 
NRSV was still scrambled, but the 2nd time, everything appeared fine in all 
modules.
(after a few hours)
Just started sword after a few hours of being away.. the RSV NT repeats 
this for each verse:

X.9tKI4	ף,
jz0hEbD%`'

verse 2 and on is the same gobblygook.

This probably isn't very helpful, more of a heads up. Everything is a 
standard install, AFAIK . I haven't tweaked or modified anything.