[sword-devel] RE: e-Sword

Tue, 07 Nov 2000 11:30:33 -0700

I don't have a recent version of the their compiler or I would try it
again.  Actually, we had the authority on the subject-- Bjarne
Stroustrup-- tell us that WE where wrong.  I guess I'll believe him. :)

gcc and borland c++ both allow creation of a temp and passing its
reference, but MS does not support it.  I guess it really isn't called
for in the spec, the compilers that support it are doing so out of
benevolence.  I thought we changed stuff to fix this, but it has been a
long time.

I will try to hunt down a box somewhere with the compiler and try it.
Actually, I'd rather someone that knows what they're doing in that world
try it.

	-Troy.