[sword-devel] Web interface?

Derek Neighbors sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:15:06 -0500 (CDT)

> Ah right you are refering to sword being gpl. Still PHP the programing
> language even though it is not gpl, doese not effect the code we produce
> if we decide to make our aplication gpl. If there is a problem we can
> license it under lgpl. The is the way allot of the kde programs are
> licensed. They are linked against qt so they cannot be released as gpl
> but they can be released under lgpl.

Yes.  Sorry I see how the two got muddled. :)  PHP is poorly licensed, but
has no effect on what license your project is.  SWORD is licensed well,
but could have an effect. :)

That appears to be correct because the LGPL is GPL compatible:

<fsf def>
The GNU Lesser General Public License, or GNU LGPL for short.
       This is a free software license, but not a strong copyleft license,
because it permits linking with non-free modules. It is compatible with
the GNU GPL. We recommend it for special circumstances only.
</fsf def>

I would emplore you to please consider using the GPL instead of the LGPL
for you product. :)

-derek