[sword-devel] Working on a STEP Reader for SWORD

Paul Gear sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 05:34:37 +1000

"Trandahl, Steve" wrote:

> Paul,
>         Thanks for the information.  I downloaded the NKJV bible you
> referred to and am now successfully decompressing most of the text.  It
> appears that I need to decompress each block separately in order to achieve
> 100% accurate results.

That's the whole idea - that way you don't have to read and decompress
the entire file to look at one verse.

>  This will involve analyzing some of the files other
> than the main book data file.

I certainly hope so!  There wouldn't be much point in all the
compression and indexing if there wasn't some value in it.

Paul
---------
"He must become greater; i must become less." - John 3:30
http://www.bigfoot.com/~paulgear