[sword-devel] automake

Mon, 24 Jul 2000 13:05:38 -0700

Edward,
	Had a chance to look at your automake stuff.  I was very impressed with
that fact that you:
	o Kept the directory hierarchy
	o Produced both static and dynamic libs (with versions and symlinks
even) :)
	o rebuilt dependent files properly, EVEN ON .H CHANGES.
	o make clean removed your .libs dirs and other generated files

I didn't understand:
	-lz -lz -lz -lz ... on building of test progs

Some questions:
	o Can we support all of our 'Customizable Stuff' in Makefile.cfg?
	o Is there an easy way to turn debug (also profiling and optimization)
on and off?
	o Is it easy to add a new .cpp somewhere?  A new subdir?

Concerns:
	Will this run on a SPARC or other platform and produce the correct
defines?
	Will it be easy for others (including me :)  ) to learn and maintain?

	THANK YOU!  I looks really cool!  I'm excited to hear your answers and
thoughts.

	In His Grace,
		-Troy.