[sword-devel] Distribution of BHS

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:00:29 -0700

I am interested in working with the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (BHS --
standard Hebrew bible) text.  (I've already done some work to convert it to
RTF using the SIL Hebrew fonts).  I noticed that the SWORD download area
lists it as a locked text.  However the Oxford Text Archive where I got my
copy lists the distribution conditions as: "Freely available for
non-commercial use provided that the header is included in its entirety
with any copy distributed". [You can find this yourself by going to
http://ota.ahds.ac.uk/ and searching for "Biblia Hebraica" and then
clicking on "More Info"].

So I was wondering what the real story is.  Does that mean that the SWORD
BHS module can be unlocked?

thanks,
Rob