[sword-devel] InstallMgr / Version info for modules

Mon, 03 Jan 2000 17:07:08 -0700

Torsten,
	Yes, you can get the version info from the module's .conf file:
Version=
There is also:
History_xx=
information to see what has changes between a users current module
version and what is available.  Both of these mechanisms are taken
advantage of in the InstallManager code.

The X InstallMgr is coming along a litter slower than I expected.  I
decided to take a different approach after beginning the project.
Currently I'm attempting to port some of the VCL components that we use
to gtk+ and then leave the gtk+ specific code in an implementation class
so that hopefully we will be able to write a Qt implementation class for
these also.

Yes, I know about VDK.  But I'm shooting for a more portable, smaller
subset of the VCL, as a true port-- not mere a VCL-like component
library built exclusively for gtk+.

This decision came about after reading Borland's Kylix announcement.
I'm hoping we can replace this hack with the real thing in March.