[sword-devel] PDAs / SA1110

Troy A. Griffitts sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 18:36:58 -0700

Hurray!  I got my iPaq finally!

I have linux installed (see http://www.ipaqlinux.com).

I spent a little time adding a new target: arm, in the make system.  You
should be able to build the sword libraries for the arm cpu now.  After
having some success with the command line tools, I copied over cheatah
and reworked it slightly for a small device.  The new UI is under
sword/apps/X11/micros/  It's pretty cool to see sword running on a
handheld! :)  The compression drivers work really well in this
scenerio.  Slow search though.  It takes about 1 minute to search the
entire compressed KJV module on the ipaq.  I'll post screen shots soon. 
I'll also build a tarball of compiled binaries plus a few compressed
modules, for the ipaq.

I still want to try out your PDQ web interface.  I have to get irda to
work via my Nokia 8290 now, grab a WAP browser, and then try out your
stuff.  Putting all the texts on the device won't be as cool/practicle
as grabbing any text off of the website on demand!