[sword-devel] Gnomesword problem

Brook Humphrey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:37:57 -0800

Hello Jimmie,

Sorry I don't have the time to write you properly but I have sword and
bibletime compiled for mandrake in rpm form they should work just fine
in redhat but i need to find a server to put them on or I could email
them to you if you like.

Jimmie Houchin> Hello,

Jimmie Houchin> I've lurked here awhile and have attempted a few time to get Sword to
Jimmie Houchin> compile on my RH 6.2 system. I finally got it to compile and began
Jimmie Houchin> working on Gnome Sword. I finally got it to compile. When I type
Jimmie Houchin> gnomesword in a terminal window it gives me this error:

Jimmie Houchin> "gnomesword: error in loading shared libraries: libsword.so: cannot open
Jimmie Houchin> shared object file: No such file or directory"

Jimmie Houchin> I have a libsword.so file in my /usr/local/sword/lib directory. I don't
Jimmie Houchin> know what I am doing wrong, I haven't a clue. I have searched my archive
Jimmie Houchin> of the messages to this list and have found no help.

Jimmie Houchin> Any light that can be provided would be of great blessing.

Jimmie Houchin> Thanks,

Jimmie Houchin> Jimmie Houchin

--
Best regards,