[sword-devel] JFB (non-hrefcom version)

Sat, 02 Dec 2000 15:07:10 -0700

> Someone wrote to the support list asking for a non-hrefcom version of the
> JFB module.  This has been prepared for a while now, but I've been waiting
> for ThML support in the front-ends before posting it.

Chris,
	By front-end support, do you mean filters to the frontend display
markups and support in SWMgr and frontend derivatives to add the ThML
filters to the modules?

> Since that is now
> present and I was reminded of this module, I can post it now.

How would you rate the the thmlrtf filter?  Just looked at it and the
CVS log:
----------------------------
revision 1.1
date: 1999/12/08 18:12:55;  author: scribe;  state: Exp;
Added Chris Little's initial cut of ThML filters

But when it comes to ThML, I am still pretty ignorant.

>  But I'm
> wondering... what should the the module name be, since "JFB" is already
> taken by the hrefcom version?

I've only really had complaints about the remote lookup mechanism.  I
don't think it would be a bad thing to make it the next version of the
JFB module.  By the way, is it freely distributable?

Thanks Chris,
	-Troy.