[sword-devel] Implemented writable interface in RawText

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 22:31:30 -0700

At 08:23 PM 8/30/2000 +0000, Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> > The implementation appends the new entry to the end of the datafile.
> > Lot's of editing will produce a bigger and bigger data file.
>
>Oh! This is not so good.
>Can't we make it real functional by adding support to write keys somewhere in
>the text? Otherwise lots of things won't work (e.g. console indexer etc.). In
>the worst case the text of Genesis 1:1 is at the end of te module!

As long as all text reads are done by using the indexes, vss, for each
verse and not off of some custom index, all verses should read like before.
I think it best for other indexes to index a verse by indexing the vss
record for the verse.

I'm just trying to get my feet wet on this. So just my 2 cents for what it
is worth.

Jerry