[sword-devel] Importan Issue: Crossreferences

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 11:10:10 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Daniel Glassey wrote:
> (1) Use GBF.
> (2) Use ThML.
> Er, I hate to say it, but I can't see easy agreement here on which one
> to go for (would love to be proved wrong :) ). I guess it really
> depends what is easier for the frontends to display sensibly. Any
> ideas?

ThML is great for commentaries & lexica.  GBF is great for Bible
translations. However, ThML is still great for Bible translations while
GBF would be rather poor for commentaries, lexica, etc.

So, I'd pretty much suggest that ThML be used as a common format, because
it support cross-refs and other features not included in GBF.  It's also
based on HTML, so most people will have a clue how to write ThML without
needing to learn a whole new set of tags.

--Chris