[sword-devel] SWORD Java support?

Tue, 15 Aug 2000 14:04:53 -0700

Please.  Many people have asked for a Java interface to our API and
modules.  The vss format is quite simple really.  Rather than descibe
it, I'd rather point you in the direction of
sword/src/modules/common/rawverse.cpp  This file contains the low level
routines to operate on the .vss file, but basically it's a 6 byte
record: struct { unsigned long offset, unsigned short size }

I've been following the premise of porting class for class from C++ to
Java so that someone familiar with the API could use either language
with a minimum learning curve.  Any comments on this?

Thanks again for all the offers to help!

	-Troy.