[sword-devel] ISO progress

PAT RICHARDSON sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 09:40:24 -0500

Internet explorer, click on view, internet options, content, and put in
restrictions.<br>
That seems to stop lots of the sleeze, slime, scum, filth, and what is
popularly selling billions of dollars worth to countless millions every
year. <br>
At 03:23 AM 04/10/2000 +0000, you wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Brook humphrey writes:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; To tell the truth it is because of influences on the internet
that i<br>
&gt;&gt; would rather stay away from. This is just an example. I own a
computer<br>
&gt;&gt; store and one day I tried to show a customer that you could goto
the<br>
&gt;&gt; microsoft site with netscape and a porno site popped up. It is
this kind<br>
&gt;&gt; of thing that I would rather not have to deal with. It says
somewhere<br>
&gt;&gt; that bad company corrupts good morals (can't think of the verse
at this<br>
&gt;&gt; moment). May God bless I will probably be on for maybe another
week or<br>
&gt;&gt; two yet. <br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Your decision shows a proper perspective on those sites.&nbsp;
However, have you<br>
&gt;considered using filtering?&nbsp; There are some ISPs that provide
filtering,<br>
&gt;and there is also filtering software available (Crosswalk.com offers
a free<br>
&gt;filter of some sort).<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;I tend to shudder when I see or hear ads that make it seem that
everyone<br>
&gt;needs to be online, or any business not online won't be in business
soon. <br>
&gt;This is clearly hype!&nbsp; But I would hate to lose someone making a
Christian<br>
&gt;impact on the net.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;I also believe it is wise to avoid situations that tempt us in areas
where<br>
&gt;we are likely to falter, and you are the one to best know whether
the<br>
&gt;internet provides such a temptation to you.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Since I lean toward Calvinistic views, I can only say that God will
be<br>
&gt;glorified no matter what your decision is.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;God bless you!<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;--<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Darwin Gregory<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Evolution is a myth...<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Get FREE iChristian.com email accounts for your family, church, and
friends<br>
&gt;at
&gt; <br>