[sword-devel] ISO progress

Joachim Ansorg sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 13:57:28 +0000

Hi!

>Well, the directories are created and there have been some cleanups.
>
>Could I get some help with the following:
>
>	o Fonts /etc :  I know some of you have had luck getting translations--
>		especial non-english-- working on linux and/or windows
>		and I would love to include any FREE fonts that you used
>		to get things working.

I'm using the fonts I got on the SWORD page (I'm not using the TTF fonts, but the included Type1 fonts).
I'm using the script "type1inst" to recreate the lsts containing the fonts used for X11.
I think it's good idea to put the script on CD. It's a very useful tool.
I think it's on freshmeat. If not mail me and I'll post it.

>	o README / HOWTO directory!  Any volunteers? Things like HOWTO-Czech
>		would be really appreciated.

I think there should be the README of BIbleTime 0.2x.

>	o Bibletime: anyone from the bibletime list with a CD that installs...
>		Would it be possible to replace the /bibletimebase.tar.gz file
>		with the latest stuff that you want to release and test an
>		install?  Then update the file on CrossWire's site (or email me
>		if you don't have access.  Also, there are a few directories that
>		need populated with the lastest stuff: PACKAGES, SOURCE.

Ok, I'll to do what I can. But I havn't a fast connection to the internat and the www is expensive in Germany :-(

Perhaps a good idea to put the sources bibletime-0.3 in the BETA directory ? If yes, I'll upload a source package to www.bibletime.de .

>	o DISTRO FEEDBACK:  I am not going to have time to test this myself on
>many
>		of the linux distros.  If you have installed from the ISO, could you
>		please send us as much feedback as you can, including things like:
>			Distro name - version
	SuSE 6.3 CEBIT version (pre release of 6.4)

>			Did setup run in GUI / gtk mode or text mode?
	gtk mode

>			Did InstallMgr run and work?

	InstallMgr doesn't start. I got a GNOME message that the app crashed

>			Did icons install and work?
>			Did any of the software work or not work?

	InstallMgr

>			Did you have to login as root or merely su -?

	Both are working

I tried the installation again and noticed that the permissions of the KDE menu entry files are _OK_. Sorry for the trouble.

>Thanks tons for all your help.  Let's make this a great milestone to
>remember.
>
>	In God's Wonderful Grace,
>		-Troy.
>
>PS.  I've been looking for a new place to live lately.  My paying job is
>moving to the east valley and I would like to move closer to work.  If
>you think about it, please pray for a great blessing... That I would be
>responsible, financially, and for a great deal; that it would be a
>blessed place of fellowship and ministry.  Thanks!  (Oh, and if any of
>you would like to move to AZ and need a room to rent...) :)

-- Joachim
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/
info@bibletime.de