[sword-devel] Project Leaders

Paul Gear sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 21:21:52 +0000

"Troy A. Griffitts" wrote:

> > I was just wondering who was in charge of the various Sword projects.
>
> Craig,
>         Well, different people are involved in leading different areas.  I
> concentrate mostly on the API and WIN32 UI, Torsten is heading up the
> Bibletime project-- the linux Qt UI.  I suppose Chris Little has the
> overwhelming majority of module conversion experience, so you may look
> to him for direction if this is an area of interest to you.  He's also
> done web-based CGI scripts.  A while back Chris Bitmead created scheme
> bindings to the API if it's a scripting language that interests you.
> Daniel Glassey has recently contributed compressed text drivers that
> will be the first addition to the 1.5.x thread-- if we ever debug 1.4.x
> to a stable state :)
>
> If there is something else that you would like to spearhead, I would
> suggest start posting ideas.  That's one things we're not short of here
> on this list-- opinions :)
>
> troy
>
> > I'd like to be involved.
> >
> > Also I have several questions:
> > Is there any need for porting Sword to other compilers on Windows.
> > I think it would be nice if Sword were built to work with the SDK, so any
> > windows compiler (commercial or free) could be used.
> >
> > Also, how about the need for a scripting language (like Python:-) extension
> > to Sword.  This would be really cool, cuz Python works on any and every
> > platform.  It should be relatively easy to create a Tk interface similar to
> > the current GUIs.  Also, the user could write ALL kinds of scripts to
> > perform queries or create neat little utilities based on the Sword library.
> >
> > I suppose a Python implementation would cover PCs DOS(console)/Windoze,
> > Macintosh, Unices, and WinCE.
> >
> > Anyway, these are my 2c...
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Craig

Mmmm...  Opinions!

I once challenged a workmate to find a topic that i didn't have an opinion on.
He gave up trying after a few minutes...

ThML support would be good.  :-)  This would allow us to put much richer content
in modules.  See <http://ccel.org/ThML> for details.

Paul
---------
"He must become greater; i must become less." - John 3:30
http://www.bigfoot.com/~paulgear