[sword-devel] autoconf and automake problem

Joachim Ansorg sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 12:47:03 +0000

Hi!
Looking for somebody how knows automake and autoconf.

I want to install a bibletime.desktop file in the GNOME Applications directory,
but only if GNOME is installed.

My current autoconf code in configure.in looks like this (I know, very stupid
method to test the GNOME directory ;-) :

AC_ARG_WITH(gnome,
[  --with-gnome     	  Includes support for GNOME .desktop files  ],
[
  AC_MSG_CHECKING([for GNOME Applications directory])
  ac_gnome_shared=`gnome-config --datadir`/gnome/apps/Applications

  if test $ac_gnome_shared != /gnome/apps/Applications; then
	AC_MSG_RESULT([$ac_gnome_shared]);
  else
	AC_MSG_RESULT(Can't find your GNOME directory! Disabling the GNOME support.);
  fi
]
)

The problem: How can I check in a subdirectory (bibletime) if the GNOME dir was
found and how do I get the path in a Makefile.am to install the .desktop file?

Thank you!

-- Joachim
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/
info@bibletime.de